Six Easy Steps to Beautiful Breasts
The six easy steps in having a Breast Enhancement at Breast Excellence Australia are as follows:
1. Book Your 2-Hour Consultation with Dr George Mayson
If you are considering a Breast Enhancement, you need to be FULLY informed on ALL aspects before deciding to proceed. This is why Dr George Mayson allocates 2 hours or more for your consultation. During this session, Dr Mayson will:
- Cover all relevant theoretical and practical aspects of Breast Augmentation.
- Take many detailed chest and breast measurements.
- Hand you various implants that suit your measurements to insert into a crop-top one by one and compare in a mirror the likely correction each can give you. This is by far the best way to choose which implant will give you the ‘look’ you want.
- Provide you with a detailed itemised quotation, and finally:
- Give you our detailed Information Booklet titled ‘Breast Augmentation’ to take home. This means you don’t have to worry about forgetting something covered at the consultation as the booklet will recap all that information and more!
- To find out more about your consultation … READ MORE
2. Schedule Your Procedure
Once you have decided to proceed, the next step is to book your procedure by calling our office. You will then be sent a package containing:
- Detailed Pre- & Post-Operative Instructions
- Prescriptions for medications
- A Pathology Referral for Pre-operative blood tests; and
- If necessary, a referral for a Mammogram & Breast Ultrasound.
3. Pre-Operative Preparations
- All patients are required to have pre-operative pathology investigations 10 days before their procedure to check they are fit and healthy to undergo surgery.
- If you are over 39, or younger with a strong family history of Breast Cancer, you will also need to have a Pre-Operative Mammogram/Breast Ultrasound, or MRI.
- Purchase the recommended bra style, bra extenders & TED stockings to bring with you on the day of surgery.
- Follow precisely the list of foods and medications to be avoided in the two weeks prior to your surgery.
4. On the Day of Surgery
Arrive at the Hospital 1½ hours prior to your surgery.
In the best interests of your comfort and safety, we always have a Specialist Anaesthetist in constant attendance during your entire procedure.
The procedure normally takes around 1½-2 hours. After 1-2 hours in Recovery you can go home. However, you cannot go home alone. You must arrange for a responsible adult to escort you home and be with you for the first 24 hours.
5. Post-Operative Recovery
Immediately after your procedure, you will feel a little drowsy but you should have NO pain due to our specially-formulated local anaesthetic solution that Dr Mayson will have placed in your implant pockets. When this solution starts wearing off after about 8-10 hours, expect to start feeling some discomfort. The degree of this discomfort varies from person to person but it is NEVER agonising pain and is described by most patients as a sense of “pressure” on the chest.
In any event, the discomfort will largely abate over the ensuing 4-5 days. In the meantime, it is easily relieved with the pain-relievers we will have prescribed for you.
Our Surgeon will have advised you at your Initial Consultation when you should be able to resume work and physical activities. Medical certificates for work are available if required. Sutures are removed 11 days later – either at our Clinic or by your local GP.
Reassuringly, our Surgeons are contactable 24/7 after your surgery should you have any questions or concerns.
6. Follow-Up Appointments
All patients are asked to return for routine review at 1 month, 3-4 months and sometimes 6-12 months after their surgery. There is no charge for these routine post-operative follow-up visits.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.