What Price Should I Be Paying for a Breast Augmentation?
So you’re interested in a Breast Augmentation. You’ve come to this point and you soon realise there’s an array of competition out there vying for your attention and hard-earned dollars and you wonder…. What price SHOULD I be paying for a Breast Augmentation?
What’s the difference between them all?
Why is there such a disparity between prices?
Does the price tag actually reflect the quality of the Breast Augmentation Surgery?
In a word, YES, it can!
Just like you wouldn’t expect to walk into a Chanel store and buy a high-end, beautiful, quality bag for $100, so too, you can’t expect a high-quality Breast Augmentation if you’re paying only $6,000.
Don’t ever be fooled into thinking that only the price of Breast Augmentation in Australia has dramatically dropped – low prices can also reflect low quality !
When it comes to your body, you should NEVER base a decision like this purely on price. It’s really not about shopping around to get the ‘best price’ for a Breast Augmentation. It should be about whether you can afford, or can arrange to finance, a high-quality Breast Augmentation that will give you the best result for your body type.
A ‘lowest price’ offer needs to be questioned because logically something is probably being left in order to be able to offer you the surgery at such a low cost. Low-cost Breast Augmentations cannot be compared to high-quality counterparts. Again, it’s like comparing a handbag from a discount store to a handbag from Chanel. They’re not comparable AT ALL! They’re on two completely different levels and one of them will probably serve you better and longer, as well as look better, for years and years to come…
So what’s the difference between them all, you may ask?
Around the $5,000 – $6,000 price point: This may reflect one or more of the following:
• A ‘one style fits all’ type of approach with a Clinic who will generally offer just one brand and one shape of cheaper implant i.e. Round!
• Sometimes, trainee Surgeons with limited experience in Breast Augmentation will be contracted to perform these surgeries.
• No choices are given in terms of implant style, size, shape or brand.
• Only one location of incision (i.e. under the breast)
• Only one position of the implant. Usually this is ‘in front of the muscle’ (takes less time hence lower theatre costs), even though you may look better going ‘under the muscle’.
• No lengthy consultation to inform you of ALL the information you need to make the right decisions and try on different implants.
• Some of these Clinics strongly push you to have the surgery overseas where you have no choice of surgeon nor any access to the surgeon after you return.
Around $7,000 -$8,000: A slightly better standard than the ultra-cheap but again something may be missing. It could be any one or more of the following:
• A surgeon with less experience in Breast Augmentations.
• Quick surgery, usually by placing all implants ‘in front of the muscle’ (even though a more attractive result could be achieved by going ‘under the muscle’).
• No lengthy consultation to inform you of ALL the information you need to make the right choices and try on different implants in a crop-top.
• No offer of the more expensive ‘Tear-Drop’ Shape Silicone Implants that have been reported to dramatically reduce the chances of specific complications that lead to repeat surgery.
Minimum $10,000 upwards: Generally offered by very experienced Breast Augmentation Surgeons who have completed many Breast Augmentations over many years, have a reputation for quality results, and have lots of positive online reviews of their work. At this level, patients need to be very discerning as a higher price doesn’t always mean they are getting their best choices in the ‘Quality’ pricing tier. Some Surgeons may charge a higher price but still not offer you the best choices of implants and technique, so it goes back to the importance of the patient being fully aware of all their options before making a choice of Surgeon
Unfortunately, cheap prices have dramatically affected the way people search and choose where to go for their Breast Augmentation. Don’t be caught into spending less now and needing much more to fix it later if something goes wrong. Fixing a poor Breast Augmentation could cost an extra $15,000 which you may not be able to afford and you then have to live with the problem.
Unfortunately, we regularly hear these types of stories at our Clinic.
Don’t be one of them!
Breast Excellence offers every patient ‘Our Seven Points of Difference’:
• A lengthy consultation up to 2 hours depending on the needs of every patient. This consultation is entirely with your Surgeon, not a Nurse or Sales Consultant.
• The choice of implant brand, shape, style and size. Our doctor will advise and help you in this regard but will always leave the final choice up to you.
• The choice of ‘Tear-Drop’ Shape Silicone Implants that have been reported to dramatically reduce the chances of two of the commonest complications after surgery.
• The choice of incision location including the ‘armpit approach’ not commonly performed in Australia
• The choice of four implant positions: ‘Under the muscle’, ‘In front of the muscle, Sub-Fascial and Dual Plane.
• Thorough Pre-Operative Assessment and Pathology Investigations to ensure you are healthy and fit for anaesthesia and surgery.
• 24/7 availability post-surgery and follow-up appointments at no extra cost.
To book a quality consultation, contact Breast Excellence today on 1300 73 63 53.