“How to Choose Where to Have Your Breast Augmentation”
Naturally, any woman considering breast augmentation will research and compare prices between different clinics. However, always remember that experienced, high-standard, quality surgery and cheap prices don’t go hand-in-hand. It’s either one or the other.
So, when considering where to have your surgery, compare quality and not just prices by asking the following questions:
- Firstly, ensure the doctor you are seeing has the required surgical training in Cosmetic Breast Surgery and more importantly has a reputation for delivering beautiful results specifically in Breast Augmentation . A fully qualified surgeon may have years of general or plastic surgery experience but may not have done many breast augmentations. Look online for patient reviews and their experiences.
- What quality of consultation are you being offered? The quality of your consultation is often a good indicator of the quality of the surgery you’re going to get. Your entire consultation should always be with the doctor himself, not by a nurse or other employee. Also, it should be long enough to cover all the necessary information you need to then be able to make informed choices, plus allow enough time for you to compare implants in an unrushed manner. At Breast Excellence, Dr Mayson allocates up to 2 hours for every patient’s Initial Consultation.
- Are you being offered only one brand or type of implant? Are you being given a choice in this? Some clinics buy one heavily discounted and less popular brand of implant and this means you’re not getting a choice! Unfortunately, this could prevent you from getting the best possible result from your surgery. Avoid any doctor or clinic that only offers one brand of implant. The best implant for you needs to be chosen from a range of the best brands available. At Breast Excellence, we are not ‘brand loyal’ and will recommend whichever implant brand and style that we believe will best deliver the ‘look’ you’re after.
- Does your surgeon offer different surgical techniques? Some surgeons are familiar with only ONE approach – for example, an incision under the breast or through the armpit – in which case everyone receives that same approach regardless of whether it’s the best one for them or not. Avoid any surgeon or clinic that only offers one type of incision location as this may be the only technique they know and it may not be the best one for you.
- Who chooses implant size and shape? Some surgeons choose the size and shape of implant for the patient in the belief that they know better what will look best for the patient, while others ask the patient to select their implants from a small selection on a desk.
At Breast Excellence, we do it differently. We have a huge selection of implant shapes and sizes in the top brands for you to insert into a crop-top, one by one, and actually see in a mirror the ‘look’ each can give you. Our doctor will guide you and give you their recommendations but we always leave the final choice up to you.
- Am I being offered to fly in one day and have surgery the next? This means no time for pre-operative blood tests or ultrasounds/mammograms, nor time to order the best implants for your body. With rushed preparations such as these, you could even be given whichever implants they have in stock or can quickly access!
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.