The 15 Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
If you’re currently considering Breast Augmentation, you owe it to yourself to first read the following:
- Don’t choose a Cosmetic or Plastic Surgeon purely on formal qualifications – ask what experience they’ve had SPECIFICALLY in Breast Augmentation Surgery.
- Always research the Surgeon’s reputation in Breast Augmentations. Any Doctor can insert an implant but it takes years of experience to consistently deliver beautiful results. Search Google and Social Media for reviews of your Surgeon.
- Don’t be content with a brief consultation because that only means you’re not getting ALL the information you need to make informed decisions. We do it thoroughly and it takes 2 hours!
- Your ENTIRE consultation should be with the Surgeon who’ll be doing your surgery. If your consultation is largely by a Nurse or other employee, question the surgeon’s commitment to you!
- Avoid Clinics that offer only ONE brand of implant as they may be the cheapest.
- Avoid Clinics that offer only ONE shape of implant e.g. Round because ‘Tear-Drop’ may give you a nicer ‘look’. Ask to try on both for a comparison.
- Avoid Clinics that offer only ONE approach e.g. via an incision under the breast – as you may be better suited to another approach.
- Avoid Clinics that offering promote only ONE implant position, e.g. in front of the muscle (the quickest surgery) because you may get a ‘stuck-on look’.
- Don’t consider a Clinic that doesn’t at least offer you the choice of the PROVEN-SAFER POLYURETHANE FOAM-COATED SILICONE IMPLANTS as they are not giving you the opportunity to dramatically reduce the risks of the two commonest complications after Breast Augmentation.
- Don’t settle on any implant size or shape that you haven’t tried on in a crop-top. Your surgeon should be handing you ALL the implant samples that suit your measurements so you can actually compare them in a crop-top before choosing the one that gives the ‘look’ you like best. And when it comes to the final choice, YOU should be the one making it, not your Surgeon.
- Don’t consider a Clinic that doesn’t carry out Pre-operative Blood Tests to confirm you are fit to undergo anaesthesia and surgery. Having your consultation one day and surgery one or two days later doesn’t allow enough time for these to be done.
- Don’t choose your Surgeon before researching their Before/After photo galleries.
- Look for patient reviews of your surgeon on Google and Social Media. And don’t be afraid to ask your Surgeon if he/she has ever been sued in Breast Augmentation.
- Don’t let anyone convince you to pre-pay your surgery before your consultation whether it be here or overseas.
- Don’t ever be fooled into thinking that only the price of Breast Augmentation in Australia has dramatically dropped – in some clinics, the quality has dropped as well! Whereas the price for a top-quality Breast Augmentation by an experienced Surgeon will cost you upwards of $9,000, if you’re being quoted much less, you need to ask why.
Don’t be caught into spending less now and needing many times more to fix a problem that could have been avoided – and that’s provided it’s fixable!
Finally, if you can’t afford to have your Breast Augmentation by a reputable surgeon, the next best thing to do is wait until you can!
For a more detailed version of the above, DOWNLOAD your FREE copy of our Breast Augmentation ‘Consumer Awareness Guide’.