The Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
If you’re currently considering Breast Augmentation, you owe it to yourself to first consider the following:
- Don’t choose a Cosmetic or Plastic Surgeon purely on formal qualifications – ask what experience they’ve had SPECIFICALLY in Breast Augmentation Surgery.
- Always research the Surgeon’s reputation in Breast Augmentation. Any Doctor can insert an implant but it takes years of experience to consistently deliver beautiful results. Search Google and Social Media for reviews of your Surgeon.
- Don’t be content with a brief Initial Consultation because that only means you’re not getting ALL the information necessary to be able to make informed decisions. We do all our consultations thoroughly and this is why we allocate the long time we do for all initial consultations!
- Your ENTIRE consultation should be with the Surgeon who’ll be doing your surgery. If your consultation is largely by a Nurse or a Sales Consultant, question the surgeon’s commitment to you!
- Avoid Clinics that offer only ONE BRAND of implant as another brand may be more suitable for you.
- Avoid Clinics that offer only ONE SHAPE of implant e.g. Round because ‘Tear-Drop’ may give you a nicer and more natural ‘look’. Ask to try on both so you can compare.
- Avoid Clinics that offer only ONE APPROACH e.g. via an incision under the breast – as you may be better suited to another approach.
- Avoid Clinics that promote only ONE IMPLANT POSITION e.g. ‘in front of the muscle’ – this is the quickest technique but it can deliver a ‘stuck-on look’ in some patients. Your best implant position needs to be carefully selected in order to deliver the best possible ‘look’.
- Don’t settle on any implant size or shape that you haven’t tried on in a crop-top. Your surgeon should be handing you various implant samples for you to insert into a crop-top and compare before choosing the one that gives the ‘look’ you like best. And when it comes to the final choice, YOU should be the one making it, not your Surgeon.
- Don’t consider a Clinic that doesn’t carry out Pre-Operative Blood Tests to confirm you are fit to undergo surgery and anaesthesia. Having your consultation one day and surgery the next doesn’t allow enough time for these important tests to be done. We prefer at least 7 days between initial consultation and surgery to enable these tests to be carried out.
- Don’t choose your Surgeon before viewing their Before/After Photo Galleries.
- Look for patient reviews of your surgeon on Google and Social Media. And don’t be afraid to ask your Surgeon if he/she has ever been sued in Breast Augmentation.
- Don’t let anyone convince you to pre-pay your surgery before your consultation whether it be here or overseas.
- Don’t ever choose your Surgeon on price alone: whereas the price for a top-quality Breast Augmentation by an experienced Surgeon will cost you upwards of $10,000, if you’re being quoted much less, you need to ask yourself why.
Don’t be caught into spending less now and needing many times more to fix a problem that may have been avoidable – and that’s provided it’s fixable!
Finally, if you can’t afford to have your Breast Augmentation by an experienced and reputable surgeon, the next best thing to do is wait until you can!
For a more detailed version of the above, DOWNLOAD your FREE copy of our Breast Augmentation ‘Consumer Awareness Guide’.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.