The 15 Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
If you’re currently considering Breast Augmentation, you owe it to yourself to first read the following:
- Don’t choose a Cosmetic or Plastic Surgeon purely based on formal qualifications – ask what experience they’ve had SPECIFICALLY in breast augmentation surgery and how many cases they’ve done.
- Any Doctor can insert an implant. But it takes years of experience to consistently deliver beautiful results. Always consider the experience and reputation a Doctor has in Breast Augmentations. Search Google for reviews of your Doctor.
- Don’t be content with a brief consultation. If your consultation is less than 2 hours, it can only mean you’re not getting ALL the information you need to make the right decisions.
- If you’re offered a consultation with anyone other than the Surgeon who will do your surgery, question his/her commitment to you!
- Avoid Clinics offering only ONE brand of implant as they may be the cheapest.
- Avoid Clinics offering only ONE shape of implant, e.g. Round (the quickest shape to insert) because you are not being given choices.
- Avoid Clinics offering only ONE location of incision, e.g. only under the breast – as you may be better suited to another approach.
- Avoid Clinics offering only ONE implant position, e.g. in front of the muscle (the easiest & quickest) as you may not get as nice a result.
- Don’t consider a Clinic that doesn’t at least offer you the choice of the PROVEN-SAFER POLYURETHANE FOAM-COATED SILICONE IMPLANTSas they are not giving you the opportunity to reduce the 2 most common complications that can occur after surgery.
- Don’t settle on any implant size or shape you haven’t tried on in a crop-top. Your surgeon should be handing you ALL the implant samples that suit your measurements so you can actually compare them in a crop-top. And when it comes to the final choice, YOU should be the one making it.
- Don’t consider a Clinic which does not carry out pre-operative tests to confirm you are fit to undergo surgery and anaesthesia. Having your consultation one day and surgery the next does not allow sufficient time for these to be done.
- Don’t choose your Surgeon before researching their Before/After galleries.
- Do your own research on the Surgeon. And don’t be afraid to ask your Surgeon if he/she has ever been litigated against in breast surgery.
- Don’t let anyone convince you to pre-pay your surgery before your consultation whether it be here or overseas.
- Don’t ever be fooled into thinking that it’s only the price of Breast Augmentation in Australia that has dramatically dropped – it’s the quality that’s dropped as well! Whereas the price for a quality Breast Augmentation by an experienced Surgeon will cost you upwards of $12,000, if you’re being quoted much less, you need to be asking why.
Don’t be caught into spending less now and needing much more to fix it – and that’s provided it is fixable!
Finally, if you can’t afford to have your Breast Augmentation with a reputable Clinic, the next best thing to do is to wait until you can!
For more detailed information on any of the points above, DOWNLOAD your FREE copy of our Breast Augmentation Awareness Guide.