Six Easy Steps to Beautiful Breasts
The six easy steps in having a Breast Augmentation at Breast Excellence Australia are as follows:
1. Book Your Initial Consultation
- If you are considering Breast Implants, you need to be FULLY informed on ALL aspects of Breast Augmentation & Breast Implants before deciding to proceed. This is why we allocate the time we do for your Initial Consultation.
- To find out more about what we do at your Initial Consultation…CLICK HERE
2. Schedule Your Procedure
Once you have decided to proceed, the next step is to book your surgery. We will then send you our Pre-Operative Pack containing:
- Detailed Pre- & Post-Operative Instructions
- Prescriptions for medications
- A Pathology Referral for Pre-Operative blood tests; and
- If indicated, a Referral for a Mammogram & Breast Ultrasound.
3. Pre-Operative Preparations
- Have your blood tests done 10 days before your procedure to confirm you are fit and healthy to undergo surgery and anaesthesia. These tests include Full Blood Count, Biochemistry Screening, Coagulation Studies (to exclude any bleeding tendency), Hepatitis B & C screening, and HIV testing.
- If you are over 39, or younger with a immediate family history of Breast Cancer, you will also need a Mammogram/Breast Ultrasound or MRI.
- Purchase the recommended bra style, bra extenders & TED stockings to bring to the hospital on the day of surgery.
- Follow exactly the list of foods and medications to be avoided in the two weeks prior to your surgery.
4. On the Day of Surgery
- Arrive at the Hospital 1½ hours prior to your surgery.
- You will be seen by our Surgeon and then by our Anaesthetist.
- The procedure normally takes around 1½-2 hours. After another 2 hours in Recovery you can go home. However, you cannot go home alone. You must arrange for a responsible adult to take you home and be with you for first 24-48 hours.
5. Post-Operative Recovery
- Immediately after your procedure, you will feel a little drowsy. Each of our surgeons will use their own preferred approach to post-operative pain relief in order to make you feel as comfortable as possible. As an example, with Dr Mayson’s technique you should feel NO pain immediately after your surgery due to the local anaesthetic solution that Dr Mayson has placed in your implant pockets. When this anaesthetic solution starts wearing off after about 8 hours, expect to start feeling some discomfort. Although the degree of this discomfort varies from person to person, it is NEVER agonising and most patients describe it as a sense of “pressure” on the chest .
- In any event, it will largely abate over the next 4-5 days and in the meantime, it is easily relieved with the pain-relievers the doctor has already prescribed for you.
- At your Initial Consultation, our Surgeon would have advised when you should be able to resume work and physical activities. Non-descriptive Medical Certificates for work are available if required. Sutures are removed around 10-11 days later – either at our Clinic or by your local GP under our written instructions.
- Reassuringly, our Surgeons are contactable 24/7 after your surgery should you have any questions or concerns.
6. Follow-Up Appointments
- All patients are asked to return for routine review at various intervals after their surgery.
- We do not charge for these routine post-operative follow-up visits.