Six Easy Steps to Beautiful Breasts
The six easy steps in having a Breast Augmentation at Breast Excellence Australia are as follows:
1. Book Your 2-Hour Consultation
- If you are considering Breast Implants, you need to be FULLY informed on ALL aspects of Breast Augmentation before deciding to proceed. This is why we allocate 2 hours or more for your consultation.
- To find out more about what we do in your 2-hour consultation…CLICK HERE
2. Schedule Your Procedure
Once you have decided to proceed, the next step is to book your procedure. We will then send you our Pre-Operative Pack containing:
- Detailed Pre- & Post-Operative Instructions
- Prescriptions for medications
- A Pathology Referral for Pre-Operative blood tests; and
- If indicated, a Referral for a Mammogram & Breast Ultrasound.
3. Pre-Operative Preparations
- Have your blood tests done 10 days before your procedure to confirm you are fit and healthy for surgery and anaesthesia. These tests include Full Blood Count, Biochemistry Screening, Coagulation Studies (to exclude any bleeding tendency), Hepatitis B & C screening, and HIV testing.
- If you are over 39, or younger with a family history of Breast Cancer, you will also need a Mammogram/Breast Ultrasound, or MRI.
- Purchase the recommended bra style, bra extenders & TED stockings to bring with you on the day of surgery.
- Follow exactly the list of foods and medications to be avoided in the two weeks prior to your surgery.
4. On the Day of Surgery
- Arrive at the Hospital 1½ hours prior to your surgery.
- You will be seen by Dr Mayson and then by our Anaesthetist.
- The procedure normally takes around 1½-2 hours. After another 2 hours in Recovery you can go home. However, you cannot go home alone. You must arrange for a responsible adult to take you home and be with you for the next 24-48 hours.
5. Post-Operative Recovery
- Immediately after your procedure, you will feel a little drowsy but you should have NO pain due to the local anaesthetic solution that Dr Mayson has placed in your implant pockets. When this solution starts wearing off after about 8 hours, expect to start feeling some discomfort. Although the degree of this discomfort varies from person to person, it is NEVER agonising pain and most patients described it as a sense of “pressure”.
- In any event, it will largely abate over the next 4-5 days. In the meantime, it is easily relieved with the pain-relievers Dr Mayson will have prescribed for you.
- At your Initial Consultation, Dr Mayson would have advised when you should be able to resume work and physical activities. Medical certificates for work are available if required. Sutures are removed 11 days later – either at our Clinic or by your local GP under our written instructions.
- Reassuringly, Dr Mayson is contactable 24/7 after your surgery should you have any questions or concerns.
6. Follow-Up Appointments
- All patients are asked to return for routine review at 1 month, 3-4 months and sometimes 6-12 months after their surgery.
- We do not charge for these routine post-operative follow-up visits.