The Individual Cost Components of Your Cosmetic Breast Surgery
The TOTAL COST of your surgery will naturally be made up of each of the following INDIVIDUAL COSTS:
- Surgeon’s Fee (this will vary depending on the surgical technique required)
- Anaesthetist’s Fee (does vary slightly between anaesthetists)
- Hospital Theatre Fee (based on an hourly rate that varies between different hospitals)
- Your choice of implants (brands vary in cost)
- GST (if applicable)
Please understand that it’s only at the end of your consultation when our Surgeon has determined which surgical technique is required, how long your procedure will take, which hospital you will be attending, and which implants you have chosen, is it possible to issue you with an accurate, written and itemised quotation.
However, in the meantime, if you would like an approximate total cost, please call us on 1300 73 63 53.
When comparing prices for Cosmetic Breast Surgery between clinics, please remember to also compare quality and reputation!
Surgical Consultation Fees
All Consultations with our Surgeons do involve a Consultation Fee.
So, why do experienced and reputable clinics such as ours charge for their doctor-consultations when others offer Free Consultations?
Simply because our consultations are lengthy, detailed and informative. Moreover, your entire consultation is with the Surgeon who’ll be doing your procedure and not by a nurse or salesperson with only a brief ‘look in’ by the doctor!
Remember, it is only your surgeon who has the training and experience to:
- determine if you are a suitable candidate for surgery;
- give you realistic expectations as to your likely results;
- explain which technique and implants are the most appropriate for your body;
- explain the potential risks; and
- provide you with a written and itemised quotation as to costs
As with other professions, detailed and informative consultations such as these naturally involve a fee because you are paying for the professional’s time, knowledge, experience and advice – and accordingly it would be unreasonable to expect that a quality consultation should be free.
Dr George Mayson, Certified Cosmetic Surgeon: Special Promotion $99 (normally $220) until 30 June 2020
Dr Sawjin Tew, Specialist Plastic Surgeon: Special Promotion $99 (normally $220) until 30 June 2020
Dr Bobby Kumar, Cosmetic & Restorative Surgeon: $220
Our Standard Breast Augmentation Costs:
From $6,000 Surgical Fee + Hospital + Anaesthetist + Implants
Our Mastopexy (Breast Lift) Prices:
Approximate Total Costs Are:
Mastopexy only (no implants): $13,000
Mastopexy + Implants (Augmentation Mastopexy): $16,500
The above costs are indicative approximations only and may vary depending on which of our Surgeons you choose and which Hospital you attend.
Nevertheless, the above cost approximations are fairly indicative of what you can expect and do include the Surgeon’s Fee, the Anaesthetist’s Fee, Hospital Charges, Implants and GST (if applicable).
Moreover, you will be eligible for a Medicare Rebate on the Surgeon’s and Anaesthetist’s Fees if you meet all Medicare’s following criteria:
- At least 2/3 of the breast, including the nipple, must be below the level of the breast crease; AND
- The nipple is located at the most dependent part of the breast contour; AND
- It is not less than 1 year, or more than 7 years, since the completion of your last pregnancy.
If you do qualify for Medicare, and you also have Private Hospital Cover, you can also claim a variable portion of your Hospital Fees depending on your Fund and Level of Cover.
Financing Your Cosmetic Surgery
Unfortunately, since new National Regulations were introduced in 2016, doctors providing Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery are not allowed to arrange financial loans for patients needing to finance their surgery.
This new National Regulation applies only to Doctors and Clinics providing Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery. These new Regulations do not apply to other Medical Specialties.
Accordingly, if you need to finance all or part of your surgery, you must source your own financing. Options to consider include:
- Apply for a Personal Loan though your own Bank or other Lending Institution.
- Arrange a Payment Plan from such organisations as MacCredit or other similar Medical Loan Providers easily found by searching for ‘Medical Loans’ on Google.
If, however, you don’t need to finance and would like to book a consultation with one of our Surgeons, please call the Clinic on 1300 73 63 53.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.